1. You should always look for a style that will fit you. Look for a worktop that will fit your kitchen and your own taste. Many people consider oak as a classic material when it comes to wooden worktops. Oak is used in a farm house style kitchen because of its notable pattern and it provides a warm feel to the place. Because American black walnut is bold but still beautiful, there are also many people that would choose it. The American black walnut has a rich chocolate tone that is why it can give the right contrast to light things. You can use maple in a kitchen where the problem is light. Maple has a lovely grain structure at the same time being creamy and pale. The maple has a super smooth finish that every bit of light will be reflected from the surface of the wood.
2. Invest in a worktop that has a high quality. You should know that there are many worktops out there that would fit the budget of any person looking for one but you should not forget the saying that goes, “The quality remains long after the price is forgotten.”. Those worktops that are very cheap may have a low quality. If you properly maintain a wooden worktop that is of high quality, then it should last for a very long time and might even add more value to your property if the time will come that you will decide to sell it.
3. Preparation is crucial. A wooden worktop needs to have a sealing before a person can use it. These wooden worktops should require a treatment and the suggested treatment is the worktop oil like the finishing oil or danish oil. The treatment process on the wooden worktops will create a barrier that is water resistant on them. The treatment process on the wooden worktops is considered to be very important since it will help make your worktops last for a long time that is why you should consider taking the time to properly do the procedure. The wooden worktops will not be durable enough if poor treatment procedure is done.
4. Always choose a wooden worktop with the perfect fitting. You should always remember that before you fit a wooden worktop, its side should have the right amount of oil and the plastering that might have been done should be completely dry. You should always make sure that you have at least one fixing point in every corner every time you are fixing the wooden worktop to the units in your kitchen. You should consider using expansion brackets that are slotted in order for your wooden worktops to have small contractions and expansions.
5. Always have a regular maintenance. You should always consider re-oiling the wooden worktops at least once every six months.